With numerous world renowned specialist departments, highly regarded experts and a history spanning almost 200 years, it is not surprising that Queen Square and The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery is often heralded as the ‘home of neurology.’
Private patients now have more opportunity than ever before to seek specialist opinion and treatment, in an environment which is at the very forefront of neurological medicine. The consultant neurologists who consult from the Queen Square Private Consulting Rooms possess renowned expertise in all subspecialties of neurology and can offer a wide range of specialist and well renowned support services to their patients, including:
- The Neurophysiology department which offers nerve conduction tests and electromyography, electroencephalography (EEG) and evoked responses (EP).
- Uro–Neurology, where patients with neurological diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease are treated for urological complications.
- Neuroradiology, offering Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) at the dedicated private Queen Square Imaging Centre and Chenies Mews Imaging Centre, Computed tomography (CT) and interventional radiology. The interventional neuroradiology team is one of the largest in the country, treating cerebral aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations and increasingly acute stroke, all of whom are accessible via the Queen Square Private Consulting Rooms.
- A neuropsychology department provides the facilities for cognitive testing in patients with cognitive issues and the Neuropsychiatry department provides psychiatry services with a dedicated ward.
- Neuropathology – an often underestimated service which is essential to neurological and neurosurgical diagnosis, in brain tumours, inflammatory disorders of peripheral nerve and muscle and also in the central nervous system.
- Neuro-Otology, where patients with conditions such as benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) and vestibular migraine can be treated appropriately with specialist vestibular physiotherapy input.
With this superb background of clinicians and support services, Queen Square is in a unique position for the diagnosis, investigation and treatment of neurological disease.
Letter to Dr Simon Farmer, Consultant Neurologist at the Queen Square Private Consulting Rooms
The consultant was so patient and thorough with me, taking the time to go through my list of questions and explain his answers clearly and in a way that left me reassured. I left feeling happy and healthy – long may it continue! I trust I am in very good hands with your team and, for that, I am so grateful.