A guide to your online health portal
Our secure Health Portal lets our patients and clinical referrers efficiently and securely access and exchange medical images and information from the examinations performed at our diagnostic facilities, without the need for CDs or bulky printed films.
This article is intended to provide you with a guide to the features of the Health Portal and step by step instructions for how to get the most out of it.
Accessing the Health Portal
At the end of your visit to the Queen Square or Chenies Mews Imaging Centre, one of the team will have provided you with a card to take away with you. This card contains a unique access code which will allow you to access your secure Health Portal by following these simple steps.
- Check the email account that you provided us the address for. You should have received an email from Health Portal (3DNetMedical), inviting you to authenticate your account.
- Clink on the secure link within this email and complete the short form using the access code we have provided. You will also need to set yourself a password, which should not share with anyone.
- Once you have completed this process, you will then receive a second email containing the following link. This is the address you will need to use to access the Health Portal going forward.
- Once you have authenticated your account, you should then be able to use your email address and new password to access your Health Portal, using the address above.
Using your Health Portal
Once you are logged in to your Health Portal, you will have access to various features which allow you to view, download and share all scans that you have had either at the Queen Square Imaging Centre or Chenies Mews Imaging Centre. If you cannot see any previous scans when logged in to your Health Portal, please contact us. Historical scans may need to be sent again.
Viewing your scans
Once you are logged on to the Health Portal, you can view all your completed imaging examinations by following these simple steps:
- From the Home Page, click on your ‘Timeline’.
- You will then be presented with a list of your previous imaging examinations arranged into date order. Within each attendance, you will see details of the date of the study, the clinic, the procedure and the name of the doctor who referred you.
- To view the images, simply click on the ‘Images’ button within the study you are interested in viewing.
- Once the study is open, you will see the various images or ‘sequences’ we performed for you on the left-hand side. (We may have performed multiple sequences and you may need to use the scroll bar to view them all.)
- To view the images within each sequence, click on the sequence and then use your mouse to scroll through the images in the main viewing window.
Downloading your scans
You may also wish to download your scans to your computer so that you can access your images without needing to log in to your Health Portal. If you choose to do this, always make sure that you are downloading your images to a personal computer that you know is secure.
To download your images:
- Click on your ‘timeline’ and find the study that you would like to download.
- Click on the ‘Get Images’ button
- The images will then download to the ‘Downloads’ folder on your computer’s hard drive as .DCM files.
- You will need to download a viewer to open this file type.
- If you need to provide a copy of your images on a disc so that they can be uploaded to another hospital’s systems, you can burn these files to a blank disc.
Sharing your scans
Finally, if you ever need to share your images with someone who is involved in your care, your Health Portal provides you with a secure way of doing this yourself:
- Click on your ‘timeline’ and find the study that you would like to share.
- Click on the ‘Share’ button
- You should then complete the short form with the details of the person you wish to share your images with.
- You will need to set a pin code and an expiration date yourself. You should send the pin code to the person you are sharing your images with separately.
- Once you click on ‘Share’, the recipient will receive an email inviting them to use the unique pin code you have set to access your images. They are not able to download or share the images with anyone else.
We hope this guide has been useful, but if you have any questions or comments about the Health Portal, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.