Frequently asked questions
The Queen Square Private Consulting Rooms are open Monday – Friday, between the hours of 08:00 and 20:00. Some Consultants will also see patients in Saturday clinics. Please consult the Consultant directory section of this website to see individual Consultant clinic times and contact details.
The duration of your appointment will depend on a number of factors. A first consultation may take up to one hour, although follow up appointments are usually shorter.
At the discretion of the consultant, you are welcome to bring a friend or relative in with you if you would prefer to have someone in the room with you.
If you require an interpreter to be present at any of your appointments, you are advised to discuss your requirements with the private secretary of the consultant you are seeing. It is preferable to arrange an independent interpreter where possible so that your discussion with the consultant is interpreted in a professional, and impartial manner.
The Queen Square Private Consulting Rooms are able to assist in arranging an interpreter if you require help. Please call 020 3448 8948 to discuss your requirements.
- All complaints are dealt with in a confidential manner and are fully investigated.
- All complaints will ordinarily be acknowledged within 2 working days, with a detailed reply within 20 working days if we are not able to address the problem immediately.
- If your complaint is of a serious nature and it takes longer to resolve, we will update you on the progress regularly.
- Wear comfortable clothing with minimal attached metal (zips etc.) We may need you to change for your scan in which case we will provide you with a gown
- Avoid wearing eye makeup, especially if you are having your brain or eyes scanned.
- Avoid bringing any jewellery with you that you would not be happy to remove and leave in a locked room.
- Bring any previous scans that you might have copies of to your scan appointment. It is always useful if we can see old scans as these can be used for comparison.
I really cannot thank you enough for the enormous kindness you and your staff showed me when I came in for my MRI last week. I was extremely nervous, having panicked during an MRI scan before at another hospital. However, your staff put me at ease from the first moment I stepped foot in your department. I have now had my MRI done, and can go back to see my consultant with all of the information he needs. Thank you.