Professor Martin Brown
Professor of Stroke Medicine & Consultant Neurologist
About Professor Martin Brown
Professor Brown is a Professor of Stroke Medicine at the UCL Institute of Neurology, Queen Square and also Consultant Neurologist at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery.
His main interests are in the prevention of stroke, particularly from carotid artery narrowing caused by atherosclerosis.
He is involved in various research projects including the application of MRI in stroke and runs a specialised clinic for rare causes of stroke, including Moya Moya disease.
He is past president of the British Association of Stroke Physicians.
- Stroke Medicine
- Rare causes of stroke
- MB, BChir | University of Cambridge | 1976
- MD, MA | University of Cambridge | 1984
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP) | 1994
- Medical Defence Union
- British Association of Stroke Physicians