Mr Ahmed Toma is a consultant neurosurgeon at the National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery and honorary senior lecturer at UCL Institute of Neurology. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England and a member of the Society of British Neurological Surgeons.
In addition to general neurosurgical practice, Mr Toma subspecialises in Hydrocephalus and neurovascular surgery and has research interest in cerebrospinal fluid dynamics disturbances. He has postgraduate degree in neurosciences/hydrocephalus awarded by St George’s University of London in 2012.
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension
- Chiari Malformation
- Cerebrospinal fluid dynamics disturbances
- Degenerative spine
- Lumbar spine disorders
- Neck pain
- Pain management
- MB ChB 1997 University of Baghdad
- FRCS (Neuro.Surg) Royal College of Surgeon of England 2008
- MD (Res.) St George’s University of London 2011
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
Mr Toma was extremely kind and we have the utmost trust in him. His specialty is normal pressure hydrocephalus. My husband has proved positive and Mr Toma will be fitting a shunt in the near future. We are so relieved.
12 October 2018
7 August 2018
Mr Toma is one of the most reassuring doctors I have come across. He is always extremely professional and is always very caring, especially in tough times
24 April 2018