Neurology in Queen Square
Queen Square is the location for the United Kingdom’s largest hospital dedicated to neurological disease. With numerous world renowned specialist departments, highly regarded experts and a history spanning almost 200 years, it is not surprising that Queen Square and The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery is often heralded as the ‘home of neurology.’
Private patients now have more opportunity than ever before to seek specialist opinion and treatment, in an environment which is at the very forefront of neurological medicine. The consultant neurologists who consult from the Queen Square Private Consulting Rooms possess renowned expertise in all subspecialties of neurology and can offer a wide range of specialist and well renowned support services to their patients, including:
- The Neurophysiology department which offers nerve conduction tests and electromyography, electroencephalography (EEG) and evoked responses (EP).
- Uro–Neurology, where patients with neurological diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease are treated for urological complications.
- Neuroradiology, offering Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) at the dedicated private Queen Square Imaging Centre and Chenies Mews Imaging Centre, Computed tomography (CT) and interventional radiology. The interventional neuroradiology team is one of the largest in the country, treating cerebral aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations and increasingly acute stroke, all of whom are accessible via the Queen Square Private Consulting Rooms.
- A neuropsychology department provides the facilities for cognitive testing in patients with cognitive issues and the Neuropsychiatry department provides psychiatry services with a dedicated ward.
- Neuropathology – an often underestimated service which is essential to neurological and neurosurgical diagnosis, in brain tumours, inflammatory disorders of peripheral nerve and muscle and also in the central nervous system.
- Neuro-Otology, where patients with conditions such as benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) and vestibular migraine can be treated appropriately with specialist vestibular physiotherapy input.
With this superb background of clinicians and support services, Queen Square is in a unique position for the diagnosis, investigation and treatment of neurological disease. Private patients seeking care in Queen Square can be assured that they will receive the highest standards of care, all within a world renowned location.
Our referrals coordinators are on hand to provide you with any assistance you may need to find the most appropriate specialist. Please contact us by phone, email, or through our online enquiry form and one of our team will be in touch.
REFER A PATIENT
Queen Square Private Consulting Rooms
23 Queen Square
Tel: 020 3448 8948
Fax: 020 3448 8994
Queen Square Private Patients Unit: Nuffield
National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
Tel: 020 3448 3983
Tel: 020 3448 3300
Fax: 020 3448 3571
Queen Square Imaging Centre
8-11 Queen Square
Tel: 020 7833 2513
Fax: 020 7837 8074
Connect with us
Queen Square Private Healthcare is a trading name of QS Enterprises Ltd. Our company is registered in England and Wales No. 1850377 and VAT No. GB 117 1520 51
Registered Office: QS Enterprises Ltd, 8-11 Queen Square, London, WC1N 3AR